Play YouTube videos in background on Apple iPhone and Android
One of the most important features pitched by Google for its YouTube Premium subscription is the background playback. With this, the YouTube app keeps on playing the video in the background even if you navigate to another app while watching another video.
Without the Premium subscription, the video/audio gets paused automatically, and to enable background playback, you need to pay for the subscription. But, what if, you don’t want to pay for the subscription and still want to be able to listen to your favorite music video while surfing the internet or scrolling through social media posts?
Sounds interesting right? If you are also looking for a way to do that and looking for some random third-party apps, then you might want to stop doing this because there’s a workaround that actually allows users to play YouTube videos in the background without any extra cost and here’s how to do it.
To enable YouTube Background play on Apple iPhone/iPad
- Open Google Chrome or Safari browser and open YouTube website
- Now, search and play any video you want to listen and wait until it starts playing in full screen
- Now, either swipe from the bottom or press the home button to minimize the window
- After this, open the Control center by swiping from the top right corner or swiping up from the bottom for devices with Home button
- Tap the Play button to resume the playback
To enable YouTube Background play on Android
- Open Google Chrome on your smartphone or tablet.
- Open the YouTube website and choose a video you want to play in the background.
- Now, tap on three-dots from the top right corner and enable Desktop mode.
- After this, wait for the website to reload itself and tap on the Play button.
- Now, minimize the window and open the notification panel.
- Here, look for playback notification and tap on the Play button to resume the playback.
After this, you can enjoy your favorite music in the background while doing other activities in the background. The only thing you need to keep in mind that closing the Chrome will also close the playback so be extra careful while doing that.